Hopefully this snowy weather is almost over and we will be enjoying some nice spring weather soon! Here are a few updates:
* After a little break we are starting a new purple “Great Books”. Our first story is Chestnut Pudding. Just as a reminder there are directions in the front of the book. Only the “GB” parts and your child’s question are due on Tuesdays. We will complete the rest of the activities in class together.
* We have about four more weeks of the making words homework packets.
* Our next math unit is about 2D and 3D Shapes along with a review on graphing. There is a newsletter with more specific information in your child's folder.
* We cleaned out our writer’s workshop folders to make room for lots of new stories. Enjoy reading them with your children! We are focusing on writing a clear beginning, middle, end and including feelings in our writing and editing our work. After this unit, we will switch gears and focus on nonfiction writing.
* In honor of Dr. Seuss we will be reading some of his great books and doing some fun activities this month!